Why become a member of the Weald SEND Alliance?
In order to be sustainable, we need to have an income stream. All Membership subscriptions will be put back into the Alliance in the form of training events, the purchase of resources and maintaining the website. Our Hub Manager’s salary is funded by the locality of schools at present. Members will have access to free training events wherever possible and a 25% discount on any courses that are chargeable. In addition your families will be able to access our loan resources as these continue to build.
How much does it cost?
We have tried to keep membership costs fair. From 1st September 2015- 31st August 2016 we are charging the following:
- Less than 100 pupils £50 (2 free training places per annum)
- 100-300 pupils £75 (3 free training places per annum)
- 300-700 pupils £100 (4 free training places per annum)
- 700+ pupils £150 (6 free training places per annum)
- £30 (2 free training places per annum)
- Childminders: £10 (1 free training place per annum)
Membership costs are reviewed by the Steering Group annually and we encourage representatives from the above groups to join the Steering Group.
What does membership entitle us to?
We want you to get value for money. We are still developing what we can offer. Initially membership will give you:
- Free training events - at least one free place offered per annum. If we can source free or fully funded training we will pass this on to our members for free;
- 25% discount on all other training;
- Access to our loan resources – for staff and parents;
- A copy of ‘Making Sense of it All’, the Parents’ and Carers’ Guidebook produced by Reaching Families;
- Access to our group of School SENCos for information, suggestions and signposting – by email in the first instance. Send us a question and we will do our best to help you find the support you need;
To become a member:
Simply complete our application form which can be found here and return with payment (cheques made payable to our banker school – Billingshurst Primary School please) to Caroline Baker:
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post c/o St Mary’s CE (Aided) Primary School, Link Lane, Pulborough, RH20 2AN
If you have any questions please contact Caroline at the above email address.