Listed below are organisations that offer a range of support to families.
Inclusion of services/providers within this website does not imply endorsement by The Weald SEND Alliance, nor does exclusion imply the reverse. The Weald SEND Alliance does not accept any responsibility for, or otherwise endorse any information contained within the referenced sites, and users should be aware that some linked sites may contain sponsorship information or advertising.
Please ensure that you check services and providers are suitable for your family’s needs.
- The West Sussex Local Offer is a comprehensive search engine that contains information about services relating to special educational needs, disabilities, education and more. https://westsussex.local-offer.org
- 4SIGHT is a charity supporting people with sight loss and a membership organisation, based in West Sussex. www.4sight.org.uk
- Action for Deafness is a charitable organisation offering a full range of services to Deaf and hard of hearing people. www.actionfordeafness.org.uk
- Blatchington Court Trust is an independent and impartial charity working to promote the educational needs of young vision impaired individuals, under the age of 30, living in East Sussex, West Sussex and Brighton and Hove. www.blatchingtoncourt.org.uk
- Cystic Fibrosis South is part of the national organisation that works locally with the cystic fibrosis community through advocacy and support. http://www.cysticfibrosis.org.uk/in-your-area/south
- MacMillan Cancer Support www.macmillan.org.uk
- Riding for the Disabled: South East Region http://www.rda-southeastregion.org.uk
- The Royal Blind Society provides support to give blind children and their parents the confidence to live beyond their sight condition www.royalblindsociety.org
- The Sussex Association for Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus www.sasbah.org.uk/contact-us
- The Springboard Project is a community based charity that provides inclusive play and leisure opportunities for families with young children and fun short breaks for children and teenagers with disabilities. www.springboardproject.com
- The Sussex Deaf Association provides support, social and welfare service for deaf, deafblind, deafened and hard of hearing people across Sussex. www.sussexdeaf.com
- The Sussex & Kent ME/CFS Society informs, supports and represents those affected by Myalgic Encephalopathy (ME) or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) across Sussex and Kent. www.measussex.org.uk
- Amaze is a charity that gives information, advice and support to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). We also support young people with SEND up to 25. Most services are for families in Brighton and Hove but they also offer Independent Support services to both parent carers and young people up to 25 in West Sussex. www.amazebrighton.org.uk
- Reaching Families aims to empower, care for and inform parents and families of children with special needs in West Sussex www.reachingfamilies.org.uk
- Scope is a charity that exists to make this country a place where disabled people have the same opportunities as everyone else.www.scope.org.uk
- The West Sussex Parent Carer Forum is a membership organisation for parents and carers in West Sussex. Their mission is to bring about positive change for families and young people with any additional needs or disability www.westsussexparentsforum.co.uk
- Preparing for Adulthood helps disabled young people achieve paid work, independent living, good health and community inclusion as they more into adulthood.www.preparingforadulthood.org.uk
If you are aware of an organisation that should be included in this list, please contact us here